Wednesday 26 February 2014

Special Effect Make Up


For our trailer we have themes of violence and self harm and so for this to be effective we need to research and experiment with make up to create the effect of abuse. I researched in to different types of looks you can get from abuse. 



After I gathered a wide range of different make up and effects I tried different methods of applying on to one of our actors to see if it would work effectively. When doing the make up I applied a very basic pale base so it would make the bruises and blood stand out more clearly, then applied a small amount of eye make up to keep it plain and basic. Then I used eye shadow to create the bruising around the eyes as I used shades of yellow, blue, purple, red and greens to show different stages of bruising and abuse.



 
 

This are the results of the make up attempts:

 
 
 

With the make up it was successful in giving one of the characters a believable black eye as we effectively used the different colour of eye shadows ranging from purple, black, green and yellow to show the different healing patterns of the bruise.
 
 
 
 
 








 
Now as well as bruising we wanted to experiment with self harming for an other character. The subject of self harm is a very sensitive subject and I took my research very seriously and carefully. After visiting different websites I decided that the cuts is the easiest to do one effectively as well as being the most conventional one,

I looked it up on YouTube and found a tutorial on how to do the cuts and make them look realistic.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment