Friday 7 March 2014

Make Up

For the girls make up we need to shows a contrast in the way they look so we wanted to try different things out for there make up. I first needed to research in to the different styles I could use that would fit the characters and the actors would be complemented too.

Grunge Make Up Research:


From this research I discovered that the grunge girl is a darker side of make up. The style focuses on dark eye make up and lipstick. From purple, red and dark pink shades of lipsticks to dark Smokey eyes with eyeliner and mascara to emphasis the eyes and lips. Other than this two elements the make up is simple with just foundation and a slight bronzer.


With the girly girl we wanted to use natural make up to promote her fashion style and personality. When researching in to the make up I found it was a lot of the same materials. It include foundation, a bit of blush on the cheeks with natural nude colours for eye shadow finished with mascara and naturally coloured lips. This look was easy to create for our actor, Jessica Henderson.

To get even more knowledge on the make up that I wanted to use I looked into online make up tutorial that I could take inspiration from.






After this tutorials I went and had a go myself with help from a friend.


The make up was successful so we decided to use the make up as we had done as it represents the two contrasting characters nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment